Championing community gardening and city farming
Originally founded in 2012, Green Synergy is a Lincoln-based charity which uses community gardening and horticultural therapy to help improve people's lives. We work in disadvantaged communities and with vulnerable people, including those living with mental health conditions, learning difficulties, physical disabilities, long-term health problems and unemployment. We use gardening to build skills for life and work, improve mental and physical health and educate people about the environment, food and farming.
Our Mission is to use community gardening and city farming to help people socialise, learn and thrive.
Our Vision is for the people of Lincoln and the surrounding areas to have access to a network of local gardening and city farming projects therefore creating even happier, healthier, stronger and more sustainable individuals and communities.
Since we began, Green Synergy’s work has included:
- Creating community gardens on housing estates
- Setting up container growing initiatives for people living in flats
- Delivering ‘meet your neighbour’ street gardening projects
- Improving the appearance of built up areas through community hanging basket schemes
- Running social and therapeutic gardening groups for friendship and mental wellbeing
- Hosting gardening workshops to empower people to grow their own vegetables, fruit and flowers
- Delivering ‘gardening for the brain sessions’ for people living with dementia
- Designing sensory gardens for people with mental health conditions and learning disabilities
We look forward to many more exciting projects to come with your ongoing support. Let’s get growing!
A selection of some of the fantastic projects & people
we've had the privilege of working with.
Core Aims & Objectives
Use community gardening and city farming to develop skills and capacity of the members of the socially and economically disadvantaged communities of Lincoln in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their own needs and to participate more fully in society
Promote and protect good health in Lincoln in particular by providing opportunities to engage in therapeutic horticulture and agriculture
Promote sustainable environmental, economic and social development for the benefit of the public in Lincoln
Advance the education of the public in Lincoln in horticulture, agriculture and conservation of the environment
Provide or assist in the provision of facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation
Promote Social Inclusion
Funders and supporters
We are very grateful to everyone who has helped us - we would like to thank the following organisations for supporting Green Synergy:
We would like to thank Stuart Wilde for the contribution of his professional photography services.
We would also like to thank everyone who has individually donated money to Green Synergy and everyone who has volunteered with us.